Diabetes is one of the debilitating diseases if left untreated or if not controlled. It already affects millions of people all over the world and despite the research advancement of the treatment and cause of diabetes, there are still who succumb to its ill effects. Even in the industrialized countries there are still who aren’t able to afford the high maintenance of diabetes medicine. It is one of the reasons why a lot have shifted to a more natural and affordable herbal remedies for diabetes. These natural remedies have shown significant value in diabetes treatment and there have been tons of evidence from clinical research that proves the power to produce a desired result.
A lot of experts have been advocating alternative forms of treatment to cure diabetes and there have been lots of herbal medicine that is already and readily available. You just have to choose which one that suits you best and it would be appropriate if you consult any experts in this kind of disease before you take any of those herbal remedies. Research has shown that there are many herbs that are remarkably effective in the treatment of diabetes with lesser side effects to none. Yet, there is still a need to get a consultation most especially for the right and proper dosage for you.
The most notable reasons why people shifted to alternative medicine is because they are definitely safe to consume (of course with proper guidance) and it is cost effective for it is relatively inexpensive compared to prescription drugs. Although the use of natural products to some degree is safe it is still not a good substitute for a sound advice from any alternative medicine practitioners. One of the reasons why you need to consult a medical practitioner is to determine the type of diabetes you have. And you must bear in mind that whatever kind of treatment you have, it must be coupled with healthy lifestyle that includes diet plan and exercise.
The following are some of the numerous herbal remedies for diabetes.
1. Bitter melon is a tropical vegetable also known as bitter cucumber which is abundant in Asia, Africa and South America. It has a property to lower blood sugar levels but should be taken in small doses for it can cause diarrhea and abdominal upset.
2. Asian ginseng has the capacity to produce insulin.
3. Cinnamon is known to convert glucose to energy thereby increasing glucose metabolism that can be readily absorbed by the blood cells.
4. Onions – clinical studies have shown that it stimulates the production of insulin thereby reducing the levels of blood sugar in the body.
5. Gymnema known to help pancreas produce more insulin and as a result, it can lower blood glucose level.
Lastly, herbal remedies should not be thought as a replacement but rather that is something that serves to complete any medical treatment. It should also be taken into consideration that some of the herbal remedies can interact with hypoglycemic drugs which could worsen the situation.