Stress can be a major problem that affects every area of your life, including health and relationships. Don’t let stress take over your life. Here are some simple ideas to get you started in reducing your stress levels.
1. Taking time to relax and have fun is essential to reducing stress levels. Get together with family or friends and play games or just goof around. Take your mind off of negative feelings or situations and just have fun. Laughter releases hormones that promote health and helps to reduce hormones caused by stress. Laughing is also a great way to help take your mind off of your problems and focus on thoughts that promote stress reduction.
2. Exercise is a great way to relieve stress while making you look and feel better. A good workout will help get your body and mind functioning together as they should.
3. Your diet plays an important role in the level of stress in your life. Some substances, such as caffeine, nicotine and alcohol, will make it more difficult for your body to adapt to changes in your life. Eating a healthy, well-balanced diet will help keep your body on track and better able to cope with stressful situations. In addition, a healthy diet will make you feel better in every area of your life, which will be evident by a reduction in your stress levels.
4. Massage and sex are both great ways to reduce stress in your life. Sex releases some of the same health promoting hormones that laughter releases. Sex is also a great way to get some exercise, which helps to relieve stress. A massage can be twice as helpful by reducing stress while revving up your sex drive, as well. Physical touch is an important part of mental health as a whole. Massage is a great relaxation technique, in addition to helping enhance your relationship.
5. Find a hobby that interests you. You will reduce stress when you take your mind off of your everyday activities and responsibilities. A hobby can be the perfect getaway. Some hobby choices could be planting a garden, building model cars, journaling, painting or reading.
One of the best stress reduction tips you could get is to just have fun. Take some time away from work and activities that cause you stress. Relax, have fun and spend some time with people that you love, and you will see the stress just start to slip away.
The author would like you to visit Stress – Reduce Stress with Slowlutions by Marian R. Place, LCSW – Durham, NC Psychotherapist and Sitemap.