“Always, the eye sees more than the mind can comprehend, and we go through life self-blinded to much that lies before us. We want a simple world, but we live in a magnificently complex one, and rather than open ourselves to it, we perceive the world through filters that make it less daunting.” ― Quote by Dean Koontz, Relentless.
There are many types of eye infections which us common people are not informed or aware about. In this blog, we shall look at the different Types of eye infection in brief and their causes:
1. Conjunctivitis – It is the infection or inflammation of the conjunctiva (thin layer of tissue that covers the whites of the eyes and insides of the eyelids). The infection could be in one or both eyes, and is contagious. There are different types of Conjunctivitis. Its symptoms include discharge from the eyes; the whites of the eyes have a reddish tinge, itchiness and the feeling of something in the eye. You will be advised eye drops from a leading Eye Drop Pharma Company in India.
2. Keratitis – It is the inflammation or infection of the cornea. Improper contact lens care and usage can increase the chances of contracting it. If not treated, it can cause scars on the cornea as well as the loss of vision in the eye. There are again different causes of this infection such as bacterial or fungal. Symptoms include redness and irritation in the eyes, watery eyes, blurry vision, and sensitivity to light. Use eye drops from OLS one of the best Ophthalmic Companies in India.
3. Endophthalmitis – It is the infection of the fluid or the tissue inside the eye. It must be treated immediately to prevent blindness. Symptoms are eye pain, redness, change in vision, and sensitivity to light. There are two common types of Endophthalmitis: Exogenous Endophthalmitis (the result of an eye injury, surgery, or injection) and Endogenous Endophthalmitis (cause is the infection in one part of the body spreads to the eye).
4. Eye stye – It is the infection of the eyelid (follicle or the oil gland) with the appearance of a lump looking like a pimp / a boil, on the eyelid line or inside the edge of the eyelid. Its primary causes could be blockage of the oil glands or bacteria from touching the eyes with unwashed hands. It is easily treatable through an eye doctor with medication from one of the best Optho Pharma Company in Noida.
5. Blepharitis – It is simply defined as the inflammation of the eyelids. It affects both the eyes together along the edges. It is not contagious but is difficult to treat. It is very uncomfortable for the patient. It mainly caused due to the blockage of the oil glands near the base of the eyelids get clogged. This results in redness and irritation. Other causes include dandruff, eyelash lice, excess bacteria, dry eyes, and certain allergies, and even in certain cases infection in the body.
6. Uveitis – It is the inflammation of the uvea (the middle layer of the eyeball that contains the iris) and is associated with certain health conditions such as Herpes Zoster, Syphilis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, TB, Multiple Sclerosis, and Ulcerative colitis. Symptoms are eye redness in the eye, blurry vision and sensitivity to light.
OLS the leading Optho Pharma Company in Noida has a number of ophthalmic medications for the variety of medical conditions listed above. It is a pioneer among the Ophthalmic Companies in India and it’s recognized as among the top Eye Drop Pharma Company in India.