The other name for hyperacidity is acid dyspepsia. This is a common disorder that affects more than 30 percent of the population. Irregular lifestyle and faulty eating habits leads to such disorders. It is well known that food we eat is digested in the stomach. And stomach digests the food with the help of certain acids and enzymes. These acids and enzymes breaks down the food and pass the indigested food to intestine for further process. When these stomach acids are produced more than normal needed quantity; hyperacidity awakes. It is a common disorder connected to diet but if it is not treated in time it can lead to some serious health problems such as gastritis or stomach ulcers.
There are many factors that can increase the production of acid. Nowadays, many people like to eat foods that are rich in fat, too oily or too spicy foods. These kinds of foods will stimulate the glands of stomach to increase the formation of acid. However, certain kind of medications can also affect the process of acid formation. Intake of anti-inflammatory drugs for longer time period is the most common cause for hyperacidity. It is also caused by alcoholic beverages and smoking. Avoiding these habits and some changes in lifestyle will be very helpful to cure this disorder.
Whenever our body suffers from disease or disorder, it shows some symptoms. There are some symptoms our body will show in this disorder also. Excess acid can cause vomiting, flatulence and heartburn. Pain in stomach can also be due to increase in amount of acid in stomach. In chronic conditions symptoms may also include bloating, pain in muscular contraction, problem in respiration and cough. There are remedies to treat this disorder effectively but change in lifestyle and improvement in faulty eating habits will provide a complete cure.
1. Ginger is the most helpful food for treating stomach ailments. Have a teaspoon of ginger juice with honey, after meals. It will help the glands in stomach to work properly.
2. Avoid citrus fruits, instead of it drink small amount of pineapple juice several times a day. It will neutralize the excess stomach acid.
3. In case of addiction with tea or coffee, prefer to drink herbal teas such as chamomile tea or peppermint tea. These herbal teas do not contain caffeine.
4. Include yoghurt in the diet. It will not only help to neutralize stomach acid but it will also help in the proper digestion of food.
5. Cabbage juice is one of the most effective remedy for disorders of stomach. Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday. It will help to control the amount of acid production.
Try these effective remedies and also make some necessary changes in lifestyle. Remedies alone cannot cure any disorders, some changes in lifestyle is very important for complete healing. Some lifestyle changes are discussed ahead for healthy life. Develop the habit of exercising regularly, at least for 30 minutes. It will help the digestive system to work properly. Avoid alcoholic beverages and reduce the number of cigarettes. Improve eating habits by avoiding high-fat foods, oily and spicy foods and sour foods. Never go to bed right after having meals. Increase the intake of drinking water. It will help the body to expel the toxins. The mentioned remedies and lifestyle changes will provide a complete cure from hyperacidity.