Like any sports, golf entails some fundamental instructions on rules, method, customs, and equipment.
These golf instructions, aside from practices, are important in order to become an expert golfer. But even if you have no desire to become an expert golfer you can shave many strokes off your golf game with proper instruction.
Hence, in the United States, any golfer can gain the same knowledge that most professional golfers have obtained by enrolling in golf schools or training centers that are duly licensed by the U.S. Golf Teacher’s Federation or the Professional Golfers Association.
For those who would like to know more about golf instructions, here is a list of some facts that they can use in gaining more information about golf and golf instructions:
1. Golf Instructions started in the “medieval era”. As early as the 1350’s, golf instructions had already dominated the society. Back then, golfers were already incorporating the basic concept of golf instructions by letting each group of golfers to strike the next unbroken shot.
2. Expensive state of golf instructions Before the gutta percha ball was created, golf instructions were very costly then. It was even considered as a very expensive set of abilities wherein only a few people from Edinburgh could play the game.
3. “Show-and-tell” type of golf instruction It was in 1848 when the “show-and-tell” type of golf instructions was first introduced. It was also during this year that the “guttie” ball was invented. Because of these, golf eventually became an affordable sport. It also became an easy export item wherein golf was gradually introduced to the rest of the world.
4. First golf instructional book It was in 1857 that the first golf instructional book was published. The book, entitled “A Keen Hand”, written by H.B. Farnie was all about golf instructions on techniques and strategies in playing golf.
5. The important part of golf instructions In golf instructions, the most essential things that a golfer must learn are alignment, proper posture, golf swing, and grip. These things are the primary concern of the golf instructions because these are vital to every golf player’s shot in the game.
6. Golf instructions and shots. Through golf instructions, every golfer wannabe is able to learn the different traditional shots like fairway shots, chipping, approaches, putting, sand-shots, and driving. For higher level of golf instructions, players are taught with methods that are more intricate like controlling the loft, trouble shots, and controlling the shape of the shot. Indeed, there are no better ways to learn golf than through golf instructions. Everything’s already included and taught in golf instructions. Golf instuctors need to be patient, knowledgeable and most important, able to work with different personalities with different temperament and physical make up. If you aren’t happy with your instructor, fire him! Move on and make them work for you as golf is a game to be enjoyed.
For more information and golf articles on golf, golf instruction, golf equipment and other tips go to: