Almond is a highly nutritious, effective health building food both for the body and mind and valuable food remedy for common ailments. The thin-skinned among the sweet variety is best for use. It is one of the best nut and seed foods. The best way to consume almonds is eating it without the skin.
Almond milk is a very common preparation from almond. Grind the blanched almonds to a smooth paste; add sugar and cold boiled water giving it the consistency of the milk for nutritious, healthy drink and rich in vitamins. Easily digestible than cow’s milk making it ideal wholesome drink for children. Almond butter is another variation that is prepared from almonds. Beneficial for older people who don’t get enough proteins in their diets. Beside the intake of high calorie protein, other ingredients contained in almond are easily digestible.
Almond is highly beneficial:
• In preserving the vitality of the brain, strengthening the muscles and prolonging life.
• Face pack made from almond paste mixed with milk cream and rose bud paste is an effective beauty aid.
• Prevents premature appearance of wrinkles, black heads, pimples and dry skin.
• Massage your scalp with a tsp of almond oil mixed with amla juice and massage over scalp for remedy for falling hair, thinness of hair, dandruff and avoids untimely graying of hair.
• An useful food remedy for anemia as it contains copper, iron and vitamins.
• A handful of almonds, approx 7-10 taken at nighttime with or without hot milk is beneficial in treatment of constipation.
• Eating almonds regular will strengthen sexual power and restore sexual vigor.
• Pulverize few leaves of wild almond with water and cream and apply to affected parts in skin diseases. External application of almond oil in case of irritation, itching will ease the pain.
• A tsp of oil with few drops of fresh white onion juice, ginger juice, taken thrice daily for a fortnight is useful in whooping cough, bronchitis and asthma.
Kevin Pederson has been managing a number of diet, nutrition and health websites that promote good health and unhealthy food habits leading to a diseased body. Healthy Food contain vital nutrients that aid our body’s metabolic function.