If you have been diagnosed recently with diabetes, you are probably feeling like you were hit with a death sentence. You have heard all about the disease through older relatives, the television and radio, as well as, the internet. The disease of diabetes should not be taken lightly and dismissed.
So, what is diabetes? It is a disorder in which your body is unable to handle high sugar levels, which causes severe damage to your organs and overall body. The disease can affect many functions of the body, when left out of control.
Many deaths, every year, are caused by the direct impact from mismanaged diabetic care. The good news is that with today’s’ advancing medical technologies and medicines, always on the cutting edge, you can be assured that you can live a healthy and eventful life, with the proper medical care and management by a qualified physician.
Steps To Help With THis Medical Condition:
1. I would have to say that the word that most people dislike most is “diet”. When one has diabetes it is not necessary that you “diet”, as much as to watch your diet. Certain foods can have an adverse reaction to those that are trying to manage their diabetes. Sugar, for instance, is a diabetics nightmare. Sugary foods should be avoided, especially processed sugary foods.
2. Whole foods and grains provide a body with all the nutritional needs it thrives on. Vitamins, Minerals, Proteins with low carbohydrates are a perfect choice.
3. Water is the most important liquid you can put in to your body. It is a vital need for those with high blood sugar. It is recommended, by physicians, that you drink at least eight glasses of water a day. It is not to be confused with other beverages, such as juices, soda’s or coffee. Water is water, clean and pure. As an added bonus, those with diabetes can actually lower their blood glucose levels by drinking the recommended amounts of water.
4. Herbal teas can have great health qualities. To drink herbal teas, especially green teas, acts as a form of blockage in the body against large amounts of sugar digested. The tea can regulate your blood sugar, which is nice to know, considering it is natural.
5. Foods rich in fiber, such as whole grains and green leafy vegetables are great benefits to the diabetics diet. They can be prepared in a variety of ways that make them appealing, even to the pickiest palates.
6. Exercise is a must for the diabetic, as it gets the system processing, working as a well maintain engine. There have been many studies proving that exercise can actually lower blood glucose levels enough as to wean some patients off their medications.
As diabetes can be a life threatening disease, anyone can see that with a few changes in diet and lifestyle,there are many options to empower the patient. All it takes is a bit of creativity in menus and the will to get out there and be active!
If you are interested in medical occupations, go to medical billing information to learn about a great career. You can visit, medical billing and coding jobs to learn more about the positions in this field.