Being diagnosed with diabetes is a terrible moment in someone’s life. The perspective of living the entire life “helped” by medication is nothing pleasant, not to mention the frightening diabetes complications that can occur in time. Fortunately, there are safer and easier ways to improve your health condition and win the battle with diabetes. Herbal treatments for diabetes are very effective and also safe. It is best to seek the advice of a physician to choose the most appropriate herbal treatment for you, considering your individual particularities and the specific of your diseases.
If you think about following herbal treatment for diabetes, you can consider one of the following –
1. Gymnema – It offers support for the pancreas to produce insulin, so it is effective in type 2 diabetes. 500 mg of gymnema extract taken daily also decreases the patients’ appetite for sweets.
2. Bitter lemon – Clinical tests have shown that the juice made of unripe fruits of bitter melon reduces the level of blood sugar. It is recommended that doses don’t exceed 50-60 mg daily because otherwise patients might experience side-effects like nausea, vomiting or diarrhea. It is also recommended to use bitter melon under the supervision of your physician, especially if you are on anti-diabetic pills.
3. Fenugreek – The seeds contain substances with anti-diabetic action. They need to be powdered and then administered with milk on a daily basis. They also do the work if administered without being grinded, whole, in quantities that are around two tablespoons.
4. Curry leaves – They help in diabetes caused by excess of weight and they prevent diabetes caused by heredity. It is recommended to eat ten fresh leaves every morning in cures of three months.
5. Bitter gourd – It reduces the amount of glucose in the urine. You can either take one tablespoon of juice daily or include the herb in your daily diet.
6. Amla – Its juice assists the pancreas in producing insulin. It is also rich in Vitamin C, a powerful anti-oxidant. A tablespoon of juice is best to be taken every day, for two months.
7. Asian Ginseng – 200 mg of extract taken daily increase the number of insulin receptors in the body and also stimulate the pancreas to produce more insulin.
8. Barberry – It is known from ancient times as a liver tonic. 10-30 drops of tincture taken daily are improving the liver’s functions.
These all herbal treatment for diabetes are effective and safe.