Sinusitis which is another name for sinus infection is very common problem. It affects many people. In this condition the sinus cavities and the nasal passage get blocked. Mainly this problem is the result of bacterial infection which is followed by viral attack and common cold.
Some of the major causes and symptoms of sinusitis are:
1. Sometimes mild to high fever.
2. Due to repeated swelling of the mucus, stomach gets upset and person may have the feeling of nausea.
3. Maximum possibilities of having bronchitis.
4. Patients suffer from the pain in the throat.
5. Feeling of restlessness and irritability.
6. Due to the problem of blocked nasal passage, patients feel difficulty in breathing.
7. There may be pain in and around the ears.
9. Have a severe headache followed by the heaviness in the eyes as well as forehead.
10. Whenever you blow your nose, there is a mucus discharge which may be light yellow to greenish in color.
It is advisable that initially you should treat this problem with the help of home remedies for sinus infection. Some of the best and effective home remedies for sinus infection are:
1. Doing ‘Jal Neti’ which is also known as nasal irrigation is an effective home remedy for sinus infection. In this process you have to pass the salted water through the nose. If Jal Neti is performed regularly then you will easily get rid from the problem of Sinusitis and common cold. It also improves the blood circulation in the face region as well as improves your eye sight.
2. Other effective home remedy for sinus infection is to increase the intake of garlic and onion. These pungent veggies have great effect on reducing the problem of sinusitis. You can take raw onion in the form of salad and for garlic it is advisable to fry 3-4 cloves in a little oil and eat it with some salt or you can take it raw also.
3. Consuming citrus fruits regularly is the best home remedy for sinus infection. Citrus fruits will help you in curing sinusitis as they are very rich in vitamin and vitamin C is very much helpful in curing this problem.
4. Vapor treatment is also effective in treating sinusitis. For this you have to take boiled water in a bowl. Bring your face and head near the bowl and cover it fully with a towel and inhale the vapor.
Hope these home remedies will help you in getting relief from sinus infection naturally.