Male organ sensation loss can be a devastating problem, especially in younger men who envision a lifetime without sensual enjoyment. Loss of sensitivity in the manhood can be caused by a number of issues – both physiological and psychological. In some cases, a nerve disorder may be at fault for the decreased sensation. While men should work with their doctors to determine the underlying problem, the conditions described here can help men to understand how the nerves may be linked to loss of sensitivity, and how the right approach to manhood care can help.
1. Nerve entrapment. Just as it sounds, this condition occurs when nerves become pinched or compressed. Nerve entrapment is characterized by tingling, numbness and/or pain in the affected area; entrapment of the pudendal nerves, which may occur in individuals who are overweight or who cycle frequently. Diabetes can also put men at an increased risk for nerve entrapment, as it is associated with fluid retention that can cause swelling in the area.
Treatment of pudendal nerve entrapment may involve physical therapy and/or the use of anti-inflammatory medications. Men who are suffering from loss of male organ sensation should not attempt self-treatment without the advice of a doctor.
2. Diabetic neuropathy. The high levels of blood sugar that are associated with uncontrolled diabetes can damage the nerves, resulting in a condition known as diabetic neuropathy. Symptoms of this disorder include numbness, pain and tingling, especially in the extremities.
Coping with this issue is focused mainly on prevention through keeping blood sugar levels at a normal level. Men who have problems with impotence related to diabetic neuropathy may find some benefit from prescription medications.
3. Multiple sclerosis. Often referred to as MS, this is a disease of the central nervous system. Symptoms of MS vary from one individual to another, but they may include tingling, numbness and pain in various parts of the body, as well as seizures, loss of cognition, loss of motor function, and paralysis. There is currently no cure for this disease, but the symptoms can be managed, to some extent, through use of medications and therapy.
4. Peripheral neuropathy. This condition occurs when the peripheral nerves – those that serve the extremities (including the hands, feet and manhood) are damaged. Peripheral neuropathy can cause pain, numbness, tingling and unusual sensations in the extremities; typical causes are vitamin deficiencies, environmental toxins, metabolic disorders, chemotherapy, infections and inherited conditions.
Treatment for this issue depends on addressing the underlying cause(s), as well as therapy and medications aimed at preserving body functions and minimizing pain.
Protecting male organ health
Some causes of lost manhood sensation are difficult to avoid, but men can increase their changes of better overall male organ health by following these steps:
• Use gentler techniques for self-pleasuring. Rather than using a tight grip and/or yanking motions, or rubbing against unyielding objects, men can retrain their equipment to respond to a more gentle touch.
• Wear clothing that is supportive, but not restrictive. Men should choose undergarments that are supportive enough to hold everything in place, without being too tight. Trousers should also be loose enough to avoid cutting off the supply of blood to the area.
• Choose a specialized bike saddle – there are numerous models on the market that are designed to decrease the amount of pressure in the area in order to prevent numbness.
• Lose weight. Maintaining a healthy body weight can not only decrease the amount of numbing pressure in the area; it can also help prevent diabetes, or to lessen or even reverse its effects for men who already have the disease.
• Use a top-quality male organ health cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil). A product that contains the neuroprotective amino acid acetyl L carnitine – which has been shown to be effective in staving off peripheral nerve damage related to aggressive self-stimulation practices – may be applied every day as part of a man’s hygiene routine.