Diabetes or high blood sugar condition results due to the under performance of the hormone Insulin. Diabetes has created a global concern as more and more people are being affected due to their erratic life style and faulty eating habits. The old and the middle aged; irrespective of sex are the worst sufferers of this disease. Children also suffer from juvenile diabetes due to any congenital defect or obesity.
The hormone insulin is secreted from the Islets of Langerhans of the pancreas gland present in our body. Under-production of this hormone leads to incomplete metabolism of the carbohydrates, resulting in higher levels of sugar in blood. Excess sugar is also expelled through the urine exerting pressure on the kidneys. Type 1 and Type 2 are the two types of Diabetes mostly known, of which the latter is of common occurrence.
Diabetes can be diagnosed by the following symptoms
1. Excessive thirst followed by frequent urination
2. Excess hunger
3. Fatigue and weakness
4. Disturbances in sleep
Home Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes in most of the cases cannot be cured but can be kept under control by making some modifications in the diet and lifestyle. Few tested home remedies can have a significant contribution in controlling this disease.
1. Drinking about 150 ml of bitter melon juice early morning in empty stomach regulates the blood sugar levels. Using bitter melon as salads or in curries produces effective results in treating diabetes. Bitter melon stimulates the pancreas and improves insulin production.
2. Soak about 10 grams of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. Consuming the mashed seeds along with the water next morning is a good home remedy for Diabetes.
3. Drinking gooseberry juice and fresh turmeric juice, mixed in equal proportions early morning is effective for this treatment.
4. One can also consume a paste made by mixing equal amounts of dried gooseberry powder and turmeric powder in a little honey.
5. Drinking a decoction of mango leaves in water also helps in fighting this disease.
6. Taking few jamun fruits regularly or chewing jamun leaves twice a day helps in curing diabetes at the early stage.
7. Cinnamon powder taken either in the form of tea or through various dishes produces excellent results in lowering the blood sugar level.
8. Consuming the mixture of a tablespoon of gooseberry juice in a cup of bitter melon juice is another useful remedy for Diabetes. This should be carried out for 2 months.
Hope home remedies given in this article for controlling and managing diabetes will help you in lowering your blood sugar levels.