What is Acne – It is a condition in which the skin is inflamed. It occurs because of bacteria that enters into the pores of the skin and breeds. It can happen quickly. But, why it happens is what is important here. There are many causes of acne, but the reaction the body has is the same. Understanding what happens to the body will help in the prevention of additional acne later on.
How it happens – The body normally secretes oil through the skin. This helps to keep the skin healthy. But, sometimes, there are high levels of oils being secreted. On the other side are the pores. The pores can become clogged, so to speak, with dead cells and the oils. The combination makes for a warm, wet location for bacteria to get into and to breed quickly. All of this leads to painful, unpleasant pimples on the skin.
Here are some tips to help you with the prevention of acne:
1. The most important thing to do is to keep your face clean. Your face is normally going to be oily, to an extent. But, you’ll want to keep it as clean as possible nonetheless. Washing it with a good, quality soap is essential to keeping the excess oils off and the bacteria away.
2. Consider your needs for exfoliating. Remember those dead cells we mentioned? They too can get in there and help to cause acne. So, pick up an exfoliating cream or cloth and wash your face with it. It will help to remove dead skin cells from the face and therefore keep the zits away.
3. Seek out the help of a dermatologist. If you are facing continuous problems with severe acne or are otherwise concerned about your skin, you should speak to your doctor. They can uncover several things. First, they may find that there is a need to use prescription medication to slow down the production of oils within the body. They can also prescribe antibiotics to help rid the skin of these infections which are what acne really is.
4. Make sure that you are informed. If you educate yourself about what acne really is and why it happens, you can help to prevent it. It is also important to realize that not all acne can be treated or cured and that some of it is inherited.
5. Lastly, eating a well balanced diet and getting regular amounts of exercise really can make a large difference.