Share, , Google Plus, Pinterest,


Posted in:

Public Place Accidents

Every year, thousands of people suffer as a result of a public place accident. Often this can have a devastating affect, potentially causing someone to struggle with serious physical harm alongside a loss of financial expenses. If this situation sounds familiar, you need to find out who was responsible for your accident, as you might be able to claim compensation.

Who is Responsible for Your Accident?

In most cases, a public place will either be privately owned (such as a supermarket or a gym) or publicly owned by local bodies (such as roads and parks). Either way, members of the public making use of such spaces expect their health, safety and well-being to be protected. This is because those in charge of public places are legally obliged to provide a duty of care to people in, on or near their facility.

Therefore if you are injured in a public place, you may wonder who is responsible for your accident. The answer, unfortunately, is not a simple one. Indeed, every public place has a different set of rules regarding the provision of health and safety, as well as different policies on regulations and inspections.

However, if it is found that someone is responsible for the upkeep of a public place, and they failed to take reasonable steps to fulfil this duty, then they could be held accountable for your injuries.

Making a Public Place Accident Claim.

If you have suffered a public place injury which was not your fault, you need to know what your options are. That is why your first step should be to seek legal advice you can trust, because if someone else is responsible for your accident, you may be able to make a personal injury claim.

To find out whether or not you have a claim, contact a solicitor offering a free initial consultation. After discussing the particulars of your case, including how it happened, the extent of your injuries, and how these have affected you life, a legal expert will be able to suggest whether you have a valid claim. Most commonly, such claims arise due to:-

* Poorly maintained roads or pavements;

* Poorly maintained cycle paths and bridleways;

* Spillages or slippery floors, particularly in supermarkets;

* The absence of warning signs;

* Loose cables;

* Other slip, trip or fall accidents.

If you do decide to pursue a personal injury claim, it is useful to keep as much evidence as possible. For example, if you fell over a raised paving slab, you could take photos of the area, using something such as a tape measure for perspective. Additionally, you could obtain statements from witnesses (including their names and addresses) and keep all receipts for medical treatment (such as painkillers or travel to and from hospital).

Could You Be Entitled to Compensation?

If you have been injured due to a public place accident, you could be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering you have experienced.

Need help with a Personal Injury Accident Claim?

Need specialist Edinburgh Solicitors?