Personal injury law deals with the wrongdoings or harm to a victim’s body, property, psychological and emotional state, and rights. Personal injuries that will involve personal injury law include injuries from such events and situations as vehicle accident, assault, medical malpractice, defective product, faulty repairs, etc. When such an injury occurs resulting in serious harm, a personal injury lawyer is the professional to call as these lawyers are experts in handling claims for personal injury.
Filing a Personal Injury Claim
If you are considering proceeding with a lawsuit resulting from a personal injury where you feel another person, party, or entity, is negligent for actions or inaction that resulted in the injury, hiring a personal injury to competently and effectively handle your case will greatly increase you chances of a successful outcome.
Your legal rights are determined by federal and provincial, federal laws, and by court decisions in cases that are similar to your case. A injury lawyer understands laws regarding personal injury and the compensation you are legally entitled to. A personal injury lawyer in will fight on your behalf to protect your rights and either negotiate the best settlement or take the case to trial.
Getting the Right Answers before Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
When speaking to a personal injury lawyer that you are thinking about hiring, you should ask the following questions to ensure that you hire the right lawyer for your specific case:
• Does the lawyer have experience with your specific injury case?
• What types of personal injury cases has the lawyer filed?
• Has the lawyer has successful settlements?
• Does the lawyer have trial experience?
• Will the lawyer handle the case or will another lawyer from the firm handle it?
• How long has the law firm been in practice and practicing personal injury law?
• What fees are charged and how do they charge for their services?
• How do you pay and when do you pay?
• How will you be charged if you do not get compensation for your injuries?
• Will you be provided with an agreement with all of the charges that you will have to pay?
• What are the challenges and problems in your case and how can they be overcome?
• Does the law firm have the financial and other resources to fund the litigation if the case goes to trial?
• Should your claim be pursued through the insurance company or the Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB)?
• Ask for one or more decisions in cases that the lawyer has argued.
• Do insurance companies know the firm? What is the reputation of the firm?
Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer
It is important to be aware that the law has enacted a number of firm time restrictions on a person’s right to pursue a claim. If you do not file a lawsuit within the time limit, you may not be able to file a claim. Therefore it is important to consult with a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring a personal injury law firm will be of great benefit to you because you will have experienced professionals working on your behalf to get you the fairest compensation for your injuries.
Accident Lawyer Toronto have been fighting for clients’ rights since 1979, there are no fees until you receive compensation. Capp Shupak 2 St Clair Avenue West, Toronto, ON M4V 1L5 (416) 944-2313