Seventy percent of deaths (1.5 million) each year in the U.S. are from seven diseases: heart disease, cancer, stroke, hypertension, chronic obstructive pulmonary
disease (COPD), diabetes and osteoporosis. A powerful medicine in its own right, exercise can prevent or treat each of these. In addition, exercise can prevent or significantly improve disabling conditions such as obesity, arthritis and depression.Baby Boomers, the biggest group within the U.S. population, are entering their retirement years and want to maintain a quality of life as they age. Advances in medicine continue to make it possible for people to live longer but how valuable will those extra years be if you are disabled by chronic illness? A simple, effective exercise program can enhance function up to 20% and reduce biological age by 10 to 20 years!The right exercise plan is essential to your health, well being and quality of life. I can help you find and maintain an exercise program that is individualized
for you that is both effective and efficient. I can teach you how, in less than one hour a day five days a week, to balance aerobic conditioning, strength training and flexibility to give you the results you want and need.
American healthcare is in crisis. Nearly 90% of healthcare dollars are spent on managing chronic age related diseases which affect more than 125 million Americans.The tragedy is that the overwhelming majority of the degenerative diseases of aging can either be prevented or substantially slowed. They prematurely kill and disable millions of people needlessly.
* Heart disease, the number one cause of death in the US, kills more people that the next leading causes of death combined. Yet, 90% of first time heart attacks are
* The American Cancer Society estimates that 90% of cancers are the result of environment and lifestyle. More than 1/3 are believed to be related to nutrition alone.
* Type II diabetes is now an epidemic although 90% of cases are preventable.
Because of our lifestyle choices, many people are aging and functioning like someone who is 15-20 years older than they are. In a world oriented toward disease driven
treatment, wellness medicine focuses on helping you to function like someone many years younger than they actually are.It is time to forget the conventional medical
paradigm of diagnose and treat. By the time most chronic diseases are diagnosed, they are quite advanced. The new and enlightened approach shifts the emphasis to a
comprehensive, evidence based approach to managing the aging process.As a result, you can look and feel more youthful and dramatically improve their
* Energy and physical performance
* Body composition and strength
* Sexual vitality
* Mental sharpness
* Improved mood
* Blood pressure and cardiovascular function
WHY SHOULD YOU EXERCISE?
1. INCREASED LIFE SPAN
2. REDUCED RISK OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE
3. PREVENTION OR IMPROVEMENT OF OSTEOPOROSIS
4. DECREASED BLOOD PRESSURE
5. REDUCED RISK OF DIABETES
6. IMPROVED BLOOD LIPID PROFILES
7. DECREASED BODY WEIGHT
8. IMPROVED SLEEP
9. REDUCED SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
10. REDUCED SYMPTOMS OF MENOPAUSE AND ANDROPAUE
11. REDUCED SYMPTOMS OF ARTHRITIS
therapy for cancer