Share, , Google Plus, Pinterest,


Posted in:

Slip and Trip Accidents

Slip and trip accidents unfortunately happen all too frequently, making up nearly a third of all injuries reported to the Health and Safety Executive. While some slip and trip accidents arise due to unforeseeable circumstances, there are many cases in which liability can be placed upon another individual or organisation. In such an event, it is possible to make a personal injury claim.

Slip and Trip Accidents.

There are many occasions in which an individual (such as a landlord) or an organisation (such as a supermarket) has a duty of care to protect you from harm. Should they fail to carry out this duty of care, and you experience a slip or trip accident that causes you injury, then they have acted negligently. For example, you may have:-

* Slipped in a supermarket because a wet floor has not been made obvious;

* Tripped over loose cables in the workplace;

* Tripped on a poorly maintained walkway that is under the care of the council;

* Slipped due to a slippage in a restaurant.

Making A Claim.

In the event that responsibility for a person’s injuries does lie with another party, and this can be proven, then it will be possible to make a personal injury claim.

If you wish to make a claim, the first step is to seek medical assistance. This is to ensure your health is taken care of, while the medical evidence can later be used to verify the extent of your injuries. Secondly, speak a personal injury lawyer for advice on how to proceed. Remember, unless you were under 16 years old when the accident happened, you only have three years to make a claim – so do not hesitate in contacting a legal expert for help.

While every case is different, if you do have a valid claim your lawyer will begin proceedings against the other party. They will do all the work on your behalf, although it may be necessary for you to be examined by a medical expert, as this provides solid proof of your injuries and how they have had an impact on your life. You lawyer will then negotiate a deal with the other side, which is often reached without the need to go to court. If successful, you will receive a sum of compensation to cover the pain and suffering you have endured as a direct consequence of the accident, and to recover any general damages (such as loss of earnings or medical treatment).

Contact Personal Injury Lawyers.

If you have suffered as the result of a slip or trip accident that was cause by someone else’s actions (or lack of action), contact Personal injury Lawyers.

Need help with a Slip or Trip Accident Claim?

Need specialist Edinburgh Solicitors?