There are two simple and straight forward reasons for having smelly feet one is the kind of shoe you wear and the other is the sweating of your feet. Sweating is an important process which helps to maintain our body temperature. It helps to remove waste products from our body, but sometime these smells become unbearable. Some individuals perspire more than the required amount to cool the body. This is known as Hyperhidrosis. Every foot has more than 250,000 sweat glands, so you can imagine why your foot smells so bad. The main reason for this kind of smell is because of the bacteria. As the bacteria feeds on the sweat it excretes waste in the form of malodorous odor. You can come across different feet smell due to the presence of various bacterial species. Some of the common smells are cheesy and trainer smell.
• Maintain a good hygiene by bathing your feet daily with lukewarm water for the removal of bacteria.
• To avoid such kind of smell wash your feet with anti-bacterial soap
• Wear clean and dry socks and change them daily
• Always wear cotton socks which absorbs the sweat more generously
• Do not wear the same shoe everyday. Give your shoe at least a 24-hour breather to remove that smell.
• To replace the odor you can place in your shoe odor-eater-type of shoe inserts
• Apply antiperspirant on your feet
Home Remedies for Smelly Feet
• Before wearing your shoes, you can dust your feet with baby powder to minimize sweating
• Chronic foot odor can be dealt by soaking your feet in strong black tea for 30 minutes a day for a week. The tannic acid present in the tea kills the bacteria and closes the pores to keep your feet dry for a longer period.
• Soak your feet in black tea made with two teabags for per pint of water. Once soaked for 15 minutes, alternately soak in a solution of one part vinegar and two parts water.
• In two quarts of warm water mix two tablespoons of Epsom salt to have clean and clear feet which also keeps your feet dry.
Warning: The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.
Kevin Pedersonis the webmaster for many home based treatment sites helping you fight the battle with easy home based cures. Home remedies for Smelly Feet. Simple and easy methods can treat this problem easily.