Psychology is the study of behavior. Educational psychology is the study of teachers, students, educational curriculums and training methods. It provides a database of facts. It also develops generalizations to be applied in the classroom. Educational psychology is also called applied psychology.
The main objective of the educational psychology is to help the teachers in teaching the students. However, there are certain benefits that you can get as a teacher:
1. You can develop certain convictions with the help of educational psychology to promote your students’ mental growth, improve their learning process and develop their personalities. You can also help them in their social behaviors.
2. You can define and set-up education objectives of your students in terms of their conducts, attitudes and behaviors. When you have a clear picture of your refined goals and objectives, you can develop a befitting curriculum besides improving your teaching methods.
3. The educational psychology is not a one-way traffic. Being a teacher, you can solve your own behavioral problems as well. You can develop a certain level of sympathy and objectivity with the problems of your students to get the best results.
4. You can achieve better understanding of behaviors of your students. You can make them realize importance of social relationships and improve their social confidence, their participation in groups and cooperativeness.
5. You can analyze your collected data and use the generalized convictions in handling certain educational situations such as selection of instruction material, structure of teaching methods and development of desired outcomes. The instruction modules should be developed in a way that the instruction material and the teaching methods should not obstruct the learning process.
6. You can develop a better perspective for judging both the results of your own teachings and the educational practices of your colleagues. The educational psychology provides a background to handle intricacies involved in teaching of children. It helps you to develop a scientific, objective and problem solving mindset towards the learning process.
7. You can analyze behaviors of your students and find solid ways for normal adjustment and personality development. The educational psychology also helps you to set up and define progressive teaching education. You can develop guidance programs and functional formats for organizational and administrative matters.
8. A scientific usage of the educational psychology can also help you to solve certain clinical problems such as reading disability, stammering, chronic offensive attitudes and emotional disturbance. However, it is advisable to consult professional psychiatrist in severe cases.
Educational psychology offers ways to study student behavior and handle educational problems. Research has shown that educational psychology can help teachers achieve their educational goals.
Saleem Rana would love to share his inspiring ideas His book Never Ever Give Up tells you how. It is offered at no cost as a way to help YOU succeed. The Empowered Soul