Coffee for many households has now become a daily routine to wake themselves up in the morning. Many people have a sense of belief that without the daily cup of coffee that they would not be as alert and functional. While the sense that coffee has an ability to create better alertness in the morning research in fact indicates that a non-coffee drinker is actually less groggy and more productive and alert than their coffee drinking counterparts.
So if coffee doesn’ t actually wake you up as suspected by coffee drinkers then why do people still drink coffee in the morning. Well partly is because it has become habit and due to coffees addictive nature they have also now become dependent on it. They have created a false sense of belief in their minds that without coffee they would not be as functional or productive.
If you want to give up coffee and create a healthier life for yourself then here are a few tips to get you going.
1. Wean yourself off coffee. Because coffee is addictive you may experience withdrawal symptoms like headaches, nausea, irritation, fatigue and even depression. If you are currently drinking several cups of coffee a day you will want to start by cutting that by a cup a day over a short period of time. If you drink only a cup a day then cut that by either the amount of coffee you use to make it or reduce your cup size. The idea is to get your body acclimatized to the reduction in caffeine you are consuming daily and make it easier to eventually get rid of the addiction.
2. Go Decaf. A great innovation in coffee has been the availability of decaf coffee. While this is not necessarily the best option to take you can use decaf coffee as part of your process to stop drinking coffee. This way you can still be drinking the same number of cups of coffee as before but you will replace some of your regular coffee cups with decaf and gradually increasing the number of decaf cups over time until it fully replaces all your regular cups of coffee.
3. Replace your drink of choice. You don’ t always have to be drinking coffee. Why not replace it to another warm drink like tea. Green tea for instance contains less caffeine then coffee and have also been known to have antioxidants that is beneficial for your well being.
4. Create a new morning routine. Instead of running to make your cup of coffee in the morning create a new morning routine. Maybe put on your sneakers and start your morning with a jog. You will find the cool morning air hugely beneficial to waking yourself up as you are feeding oxygen to your brain and awakening it for your day.
5. Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation is hardly conducive to starting the day on a fresh note. By getting enough sleep at night somewhere around 7 to 8 hours you will find that when you wake you won’ t feel as tired.
It is not far fetched to live without coffee and you can do it easily with some of the simple steps above. You will find that without coffee in your system you will actually be more awake and productive in your day.
For more personal growth articles visit: http://www.personalgrowthunlimited.com