Advancing or excelling in the field of web article writing cannot be more difficult these days. This is because of the huge number of people who are sinking their teeth into this endeavor. However, you can easily survive the growing competition and later on, make a lasting mark in this field by simply following these amazing new ways:
1. Read and learn. Do your homework before you tap on your keyboard. Read popular and award-winning articles that are loved by millions of online users. Notice how they were exactly written and identify the techniques that were used in writing them. It’s very important for you to know these things so you can also generate as much attention for your articles.
2. Solicit insider tips and trade secrets. I wouldn’t lie about it; finding writing gurus who’s willing to share his/her writing secrets is not that easy. However, with determination and perseverance, I am pretty sure that you’ll find someone who’ll be willing to help you out. Solicit as many tips and useful suggestions on how you can make your web articles more effective and even more impacting.
3. Hone your writing and research skills. Don’t get content with your skill level. In order to stay on top of your game, make sure that you do your part in improving in your craft. Spend time and do everything that you can to enhance your research and writing skills.
4. Plan ahead. This is the secret to create award-winning articles. Plan your content before you tap on your keyboard. Ensure that your articles will come out very informative and content-rich. It would help if you create an outline that can help you make the whole thing well-guided.
5. Use keywords. Using keywords is a must in the field of web article writing. This is because you would want your articles to show up on search engine listing. Target those keywords that are very popular in your chosen niche and those that are not very competitive. Insert them on your articles’ focal points or where search spiders can easily locate them.
6. Make them scannable. Try reading your articles from your computer screen. If reading them is a chore, you’ve got to make them easy on the eyes and scannable. Start by breaking down your articles into several short paragraphs. If needed, use bullet list and subheadings. It would also help if you highlight phrases or keywords that can help your readers quickly find the information that they really need.
7. Keep them short. Your readers will surely appreciate it if you offer them their learning needs using as few words as possible. Strive to make your articles run for 500 words or less. If you need to use more words, I recommend that you create separate articles. This will work to your advantage as you can easily boost the number of your articles.
8. Inject stories and personal experiences. These can surely make your articles more worth reading. Share your stories and personal experiences that are closely relevant to your chosen topics. By doing this, you will not only be able to entertain your readers, but you’ll also be able to build personal connection with them.
9. Talk to your readers. Make it a habit to write your articles using conversational tone. This is the best thing that you can do to put your readers at ease.
Sean Mize teaches coaches, consultants, and small business owners how to package their knowledge and sell it at a high price.