The 5 and 1 weight loss plan in one in which you have 5 Soy based meal replacements and have 1 Lean and Green meal. This plan was designed to give the body the right amount of food to keep it satisfied while losing the weight. Within 2 to 3 days the body enters a mild fat burning state called ketosis. The fat burning state helps the body achieve rapid weight loss while preserving muscle tissue and in addition eliminates physical hunger while providing the body with plenty of energy.
What is a Lean and Green Meal?
This plan includes 5 meal replacements and one Lean and Green meal which includes a lean meat plus 2 cups of salad or 1 ½ cup of cooked vegetables. Lean means 7 ounces of lean chicken, turkey, fish or 5 ounces of beef, pork or lamb.
1. 4 Tips to Follow for the First Few Days
* If you experience hunger or fatigue, have an extra meal replacement shake. It’s better to have and extra shake than to go off the program.
* Stay busy and occupied. Remind your self that you can do anything for 2 to 3 days.
* Avoid tempting sights or smells of food as much as possible.
* Have a Meal Replacement Shake one hour before going a major social event where a lot of food is served. Your body will choose the nutrition in the shake over the food being served.
2. Space Meals Carefully
Eat every 2 to 3 hours. On extra long days have another shake or other meal replacement. It won’t hurt you.
3. Do Not Skip Meals
Skipping meals will decrease your nutrient intake and make weight loss slower, not faster.
4. Eat Slowly
Spend 15 minutes eating a meal. Cut meal replacement bars into small pieces to help slow down eating.
5. Drink Lots of Water
Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water. You may substitute with non caloric beverage like tea, coffee or diet sodas.
6. Limit Caffeine
Limit coffee and caffeinated drinks to three per day. More may cause anxiety or other symptoms due to low calorie meal replacement meals.
7. Avoid Alcohol
Alcohol is metabolized similar to a carbohydrate and will decrease ketosis and slow the weight loss.
8. Do Not Exercise
Do not exercise for the first few weeks of weight loss. Or if currently exercising, decrease it until the body adapts to the plan.
If you follow the steps above you are sure to be successful in attaining your target weight loss goals using meal replacement products.
© 2006 Glenn Freiboth is a Certified Health Advisor that lives in Naperville, Illinois and has helped many people lose weight. Weight Loss products and programs can be found at http://www.GetYouHealth.com