As everyone does yoga including women there are days during which you are extremely tired due to the bleeding. During such times yoga helps in removing the pain which many women have and go through all their life. It is very important that to know that in yoga during menstruation there are some poses which should be avoided and some poses which will help in easing your pain.
It provides balance to your body and mind which helps in removing your stress and would relax you too. These poses would also help in easing menstrual cramps, heavy bleeding, pelvic discomfort and also the dreadful stomach aches and backaches. This would help in doing the asanas in a more relaxed manner.
Some of the poses which are recommended during your menstrual period
1.Forward Bend Series
* Paschimottanasana (Full Forward Bend Pose)
* Janu Sirsasana (Head to Knee Pose)
* Triang Mukhaikapada
* Paschimottanasana (Three Parts Forward Bend Pose)
* Modified forward bends in chair with fists pressed into lower abdomen
These poses are calming. Lower abdominal and pelvic compression aids cramps and heavy bleeding.
2. Supported Standing Poses
* Parivrtta Trikonasana (Revolved Triangle Pose)
* Parivrtta Ardha Chandrasana (Revolved Half Moon Pose) It is done with a support system which can be chair or wall.
These poses are always good for those painful backaches which are such a nightmare for you as you have to got through this every month.
* Lying Knee to Chest Twist
* Seated Chair Twist
* Pose of Child Twist
One of the easiest as they are very easy as you are doing it sitting on a chair or any other sitting position and are helpful for easing your cramps and backache.
4. Supported Setu Bandha (Supported Bridge Pose)
A claming effect is given and the annoying pelvic pain can be warded off by this pose.
5. Supported Viparita Dandasana (Upward Turned Staff Pose)
This too is also useful for pelvic pain one gets.
Kevin Pederson, the webmaster for Yogawiz , provides information on yoga be it house, in office, accessories used while doing the poses and poses for menstruation.