You may have read or heard about all of these diets; Atkins, Slim Fast, South Beach, Jenny Craig, and Weight Watchers.You may have read or heard about all of these diets; Atkins, Slim Fast, South Beach, Jenny Craig, and Weight Watchers.
You probably have seen the commercials, and you have read the advertisements. Maybe you have decided that following a diet plan like that is not for you. Maybe you cannot give up carbs so you gave up on Atkins. Perhaps weekly weigh ins are out of the question there goes Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers.
No, you do not like replacing your meals with liqui- adios Slim Fast. Maybe you do not want to think before you eat hasta luego South Beach. Perhaps you just want to eat what you want, when you want but you still want to lose weight.
But where are the weight loss tips for people who just want to live their lives without constantly focusing on their diet? Today is your lucky day. Here are some general weight loss tips that will help you feel healthy and happy and they do not require the use of any expensive shakes, meal plans or books.
Weight Loss Tips:
1. Get Support. It is important to seek support from family or friends. If that is not possible then join an online weight loss support forum.
2. If you cannot exercise for 30 minutes at a time, then break it up into three, 10 minute sessions. When you are watching TV, get up and jog during the commercials, go for a 10 minute walk during your lunch break, add 10 minutes of vigorous house cleaning to your schedule.
3. Eat what you want, but eat in moderation. You have to be aware of how many calories you are eating per day. As long as you burn more than you take in then you will lose weight.
4. Eat your largest meal during the day when your activity level is high.
5. Do not deprive yourself. Deprivation will only lead you to binging.
6. Eat when you are hungry! Do not try to starve yourself. When your body goes into starvation mode your body begins to conserve every single calorie that you eat.
7. Do not weigh yourself more than once a week. Constant weighing will only discourage you because your weightfluctuates throughout the day. In fact, ditch the scale completely! Invest in a tape measure; that will give you much more accurate results on how you are really doing.
8. Try to increase your protein. Protein helps build muscle and muscle helps burn fat.
9. Eat more fiber! It helps you feel full sooner and it has less calories.
10. Set small, attainable goals. It is unrealistic to expect to lose 40 lbs in one month. However it is very realistic to expect to lose 5 lbs in one month. Or maybe you will set a goal to stop eating sugar for a week, or maybe you will set a goal to exercise at least 4 times per week. Whatever you choose, make sure it is realistic and attainable.
11. Keep a journal of your progress. Write down your goals for the week. Write down what you are eating, how you are exercising and what is and is not working for you.
12. If you do not enjoy the exercise you are doing, pick another one. You are not going to stick to something that you dread.
13. Remember the key to weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise.
Always keep in mind that losing weight is not easy. But just think of what is more important to you eating that delicious 1000 calorie dessert and taking a nap; or making a little sacrifice to reach your
weight loss goals.
Are you interested in the truth about healthy lifestyles? Bill Urell MA.CAAP-II reviews only the best diet and fitness plans, tips, and articles Click here: Special Diet