If you’ve been dying to take a Myrtle Beach golf vacation, but the rest of the family isn’t hip on a golf trip, play up the other options and you might just get your dream getaway. The community has more appeal than just golf, so don’t worry, while you’re on the course, your family can take in a number of different sites and still have plenty to do at the end of the day when you retire your clubs.
This South Carolina resort destination is known for two major things – golf and beaches. In between the two are literally hundreds of different options for sightseeing, shopping, dining and more.
Located on the South Carolina coast, this historic city has some major sites ranging from its beaches, golf courses and shopping districts to historic sites and amusement parks. Although you may want to go for the golf, your family will not be left out of the fun if Myrtle Beach is the destination.
Here are some of the major attractions to play up to help make that dream golf trip a reality:
* The area around Myrtle Beach is known for its live entertainment. The community is home to the Carolina Opry, the Alabama Theatre, The House of Blues and more. There’s also a Medieval Times dinner theater, the Palace Theatre and more.
* Amusement parks and other adventuresome destinations also call the Myrtle Beach area home. In the general area, visitors will find such attractions as the Children’s Museum of South Carolina, Broadway at the Beach, Ghosts and Legends, Family Kingdom Amusement Park and Ocean Front Water Park, Myrtle Waves Water Park and a number of raceways to name just a few options.
* Outdoors fun. In addition to golfing, the Myrtle Beach area boasts more than 60 miles of beaches. The waters in and around the area are perfect for not only swimming, but also boating, fishing, surfing, kayaking, parasailing and more. If the beaches don’t appeal, there’s the Intracoastal Waterway to explore, plus rivers, creeks, marshes and more.
* When it comes to dining, Myrtle Beach is a hungry person’s dream destination. With more than 1,600 restaurants, just about every cuisine on the planet is available. From fresh catches to steaks, ethnic foods and more, Myrtle Beach has no shortage of options.
* Shopping is also a popular pastime in this town. The city is home to hundreds of boardwalk specialty shops, traditional malls and more.
* Nightlife. The Myrtle Beach area is home to dozens and dozens of clubs and more to help keep the nightlife hopping.
* Museums/Arts/More. If something indoors doesn’t appeal, the area is also home to a number of museums, galleries and more “artsy” destinations. Plus, there are tons of historic sites in and around the area to explore.
If a golf getaway tops your list of things to do but doesn’t top your family’s, Myrtle Beach is a great suggestion. Offering something for just about anyone, this South Carolina resort is famous for golf and a whole lot more.